Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Camden Maine, Misty Boat Dock

Recently I took  a trip to Maine to visit my son. It was my first time flying alone and  I planned to  travel  alone  by car to take photos and explore. The first hotel I stayed in Orono Maine I told the clerk to give me a "safe" room. Close to the desk and not on some lonely hall by myself. The next morning my son called and asked me what I would be doing. I told him I would be out and about town taking pictures. He said "Have you looked out side? It is raining." I opened the big draped window curtain on the sliding glass doors to see a steady light rain falling and the most beautiful view. " Don't worry about me!" I said," I will be happy just painting my view from this hotel window!" At that moment I made up my mind never again to ask for a safe room... but for the best view.  A few nights later I was staying in Camden and this painting is  the view from  my window at the Lord Camden Inn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here!