Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Golden Gifts


I did a photo shoot of my grand daughter this Christmas and when I got ready to paint I saw the Easter Bunny laying in the rocker behind her. I pondered painting it out and after serious consideration decided to leave it in. The reason I left it in is because Christmas and Easter are not just two separate Holidays. As I painted this picture of my grand daughter I decided its title would be "The Golden Gifts" and  I hope one day my granddaughter will understand why. As I reflected on all of this I pondered God sending his son to earth to be the way of salvation for those who believe. How else could we connect with a God who is a spirit unless we realize he knows what it is like to be human? This story is not complete with out Easter and the knowledge that just as Jesus chose to come to earth to be an example of forgiveness and holiness he also chose to be a sacrifice  for our sin, how else can we connect with a God so infinitely holy and pure?   No other God that men choose to worship died for His people. When He walked the earth He told us to lay down our lives for each other, how could he ask that unless he was willing to do this himself?
..and this is my commandment that you love one another, greater love has no man than this, that he would lay his life down for his friends. You are my friend if you keep my commandments..John15: 13:14

I received little rocking chair in the background as a Christmas gift in 1960.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here!