Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Harnette County Homestead


I wanted to call this painting  "The Old House in My Mom's Neck of the Woods" but I was not sure if any one who is not a Southerner would understand that term. My mother and I went out driving one day so she could show me some of the old houses that our relatives had lived in. Most of the ones we were looking for had already been torn down . We did stumble on this one and although it is not connected to any family member living there it was still an old landmark my mom had known forever. So she patiently sat in the car on the side of the road so I could jump out and take photos.  I decided to leave this one sorta "shabby" in style. I  made that decision when I  got to a point in the painting  that if I tried to push it any further it would begin to look to new and spruced up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here!